Deadline: 5 February 2021
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accounting / Financial Assistant in Chennai, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Accounting / Financial Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Review and processing all queues in the Admin Portal Request system in accordance to the relevant procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure that purchase orders are created for executed Admin Portal Requests and follow through until the purchase order is released.
- Prepare biweekly/ monthly commitment monitoring reports and follow up with Task Team Leaders for timely clearance of outstanding commitments.
- Resolve any exception situations that may arise related to Admin Portal Requests and working with the teams and Business Units across the Bank to resolve issues.
- Perform investigation and rectify failed service entry sheet transactions.
- Liaise with HQ and various Business Units across the Bank to resolve issues or effect action.
- Review and processing fixed asset disposal requests in accordance with the relevant asset disposal policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring outstanding Statement of Expenses (SOEs) and follow up with delinquent travelers as per the Travel Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in calculating Volume Discounts and/or Service Level Agreement credits.
- Review and process year end accrual transactions in accordance with the relevant accrual procedures and coordinate with relevant business units and teams to ensure timely processing of accruals within the established timeline.
- Perform post-accrual reviews and ensure accrued transactions are cleared within the established timeline.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma in commerce, accounting, finance or business administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance/accounting would have an advantage.
- 2 to 3 year’s of relevant experience in SAP or equivalent system-based accounting and procurement transaction processing and reviewing activities.
- Previous experience as an SAP Transaction Specialist would be preferred.
- Excellent understanding of relevant procedures and processes related to SAP/Admin Portal transactions.
- Understanding of procurement processes and policies will be a plus.
- Quick learner with high level of initiative, drive and attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving skills with capacity to multi-task, deliver high quality results and respond quickly and effectively to requests.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural work environment.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.