Deadline: 3 october 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Advisor (Strategic Planning and State Operations) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief Advisor (Strategic Planning and State Operations) will perform the following functions-
- Provide policy advice and inputs to strategic planning in line with the priorities and development objectives of the national and state governments and advice on partnerships and programmatic coherence to state offices.
- Lead strategic setting of programme design, planning and resource mobilization with Government partners.
- Provide strategic direction in support of the SDGs.
- Build effective south-south and regional partnerships, as well as promotes collaboration, integration and partnerships with UN Agencies in India.
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in public and/or business administration, economics and other social sciences.
- 7 year’s experience at the national or international level in providing operations and management advisory and support services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Additional year’s of relevant professional experience would be highly desirable.
- Experience in writing policy briefs, strategic high-level negotiation to develop and introduce new policies.
- Experience in Government or relevant multilateral institutions is highly desirable.
- Experience in Change Management and Business Process improvement, especially within in large teams or Government institutions.
- Experience with the execution and implementation of large- scale development or Governance programs.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Knowledge of international governance or UN/DP rules and regulations, policies, procedures and practices would be desirable.
- Fluency in English and national language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.