Deadline: 18 March 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Specialist in Srinagar, India.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to program/project development and planning
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for children in J&K to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence-based data on child protection in J&K are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on child rights and protection and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- To support with planning and implementation of child protection programme in J&K.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners/donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on child protection systems strengthening to support program management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national stakeholders and global partners/allies/donors/academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply/introduce and manage support to innovative approaches and good practice documentation to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.