Deadline: 10 November 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Compliance and Risk Management Officer in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Compliance and Risk Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support SEA Region (SEAR) policies and procedures for risk management, transformation, compliance and contingency planning, enhancement of tools to systematically record, monitor and report on a wide range of organizational risk areas and facilitate securing of internal support to mitigate identified risks.
- Coordinate and lead SEAR risk management cycle through Risk Management Tool (RTM) and Internal Control Framework self-assessment by assisting all Budget Centre Managers in identification of risks and implementation of mitigating strategies.
- Identify internal constraints which undermine compliance within SEARO’s programme and operations, and propose corrective measures, review the current approaches available on assessing, measuring and mitigating risks.
- Coordination with DAF Office, assist with follow up on open internal and external audit reports and recommendations and Country Programme and Administrative management reviews with the overall aim of enhancing and improving compliance, transformation, risk management and related processes and procedures.
- Support the integration of risk management process into the planning processes and compliance framework.
- Articulate SEA risk management accountability frameworks and ways in which accountability can be monitored and measured against.
- Regularly monitor and report the status of the risk register and be alert of emerging internal and external risks, as well as the effectiveness of the instituted risk measures.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual work plans for risk and compliance based Budget Centre reviews provide clear and consistent updates, analyses and reports on risks and threats with actionable recommendations.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Finance, Law, Economics or related field.
- Training in risk management and programme evaluation.
- At least 7 year’s experience in planning, general management, internal control framework and related monitoring processes and systems, some of which should be at the international level.
- Experience in designing, policy development and implementing risk management, compliance and internal control framework.
- Experience in working in WHO and/or the UN system, together with specific experience of using Oracle.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Understand complex interrelationship of factors that create risks to successful accomplishment of the Organization’s objectives.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of other UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.