Deadline: 26 August 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Associate (Accounts and Treasury) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Associate (Accounts and Treasury) will perform the following functions:
- Review trial balance, carry out general ledger analysis and do related follow ups (during monthly, annual and biennium closure), ensuring qualitatively high integrity of the GL balances.
- Ensure clearance accounts are reconciled, approve journal ledger adjustment vouchers including imprest clearance vouchers, bank replenishment JVs, AR recording.
- Ensure all payments made at SEARO are effected correctly and recorded accurately.
- Prompt actions on processing of CPP files including monitoring relevant controls for retrieval of information.
- Verify and ensure accuracy of payments requests, staff entitlements, PST files to be sent to GSC.
- Provide technical advice and training concerning Budget and Finance as well as cross-functional areas to ensure compliance with Organizational rules and procedures.
- Regional office imprest account management ensure timely closure of RO imprest accounts, verify transactions for the Regional Office imprest account, reconcile and follow up outstanding items.
- Verify payments of Hospitality / Courtesy expenses, staff allowances (e.g. overtime, etc.),imprest replenishment,review imprest levels.
- Carry out task associated with periodic closure of accounts; provide details/analysis for clearance of GLs.
- Ensure that the panel of signatories in all SEAR bank accounts are maintained and kept up-to-date.
- Assist in periodical survey of DSA rates for India, recommendation for establishing ad hoc DSA rate.
- Assist BFO in reviewing CRC/RRC submissions and proposals received for DAF’s exceptional approval, forwarded by DAF office for BFO’s comments.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education with specialization in budgeting and accounting.
- Diploma in financial accounting.
- Training in computer applications including excel.
- Diploma certificate for studies in accounting / IT.
- 10 year’s of progressively responsible experience in finance and accounting area.
- Experience in a UN or a comparable international Organization.
- Knowledge of principles of accountancy and information technology for extracting quick and correct information from financial database.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and application of excel skills as applied to data generated from the GSM.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.