Deadline: 25 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Associate in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide assistance in the procurement and delivery of supplies (mainly pharmaceuticals, related consumables and Instruments) and equipment for assigned countries in the Region.
- Oversee the process of research, retrieval and presentation of information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as provides guidance in obtaining specifications for new supplies on the market.
- Monitor the day to day correspondence and operations of the procurement, shipping and logistics unit.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and contract review committee reports, maintain appropriate follow up.
- Implement the Procurement Strategic plans, acquisition plans, solicitation methods, as well as maintain and manage required vendor database.
- Provide Emergency response assistance to WCO’s ensuring value for money procurement of goods and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure compliance with legal and audit contract requirements, for existing and proposed long term agreements (LTA), lease /rental and goods and services contract agreements.
- Facilitate and participates in tender pre-bid meetings, and other inter organizational meetings.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education Diploma in Pharmaceuticals.
- University Degree in Pharmaceuticals and WHO only considers higher education qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
- At least 10 year’s experience in Administration and/or procurement of goods and services.
- Pharmaceutical training minimum 3 year’s.
- Experience in procurement or logistics is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceuticals and Instruments .
- Good knowledge and understanding of a range of WHO administrative policies and procedures including principles and practices of procurement and logistics rules, procedures, tools and techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize responsibilities, lead, and work proactively with a team.
- Ability to take initiative and apply judgment to identify and resolve matters arising efficiently.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment.
- Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Hindi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.