Deadline: 5 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Officer in Chennai, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Officer will perform the following functions-
- Supervise the work of the TREQA Chennai team and provide adequate back-up to ensure all team’s deliverables and reporting requirements are promptly and accurately met.
- Responsible for the production and distribution of investment reports and communicate directly with internal and external clients as needed.
- Ability to quickly identify and effectively resolve issues relating to accounting, pricing and valuation of fixed income securities, investment performance measurement and attribution for fixed income portfolio, market and credit risk measurement, and client reporting.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly accounting deliverables and reporting requirements are accurate and performed promptly with third-party client activity, conduct accounting close and necessary accounting adjustments for third-party clients.
- Support daily derivative valuation reasonableness checks and other activities related to investment pricing and valuation, Review Daily Controls and resolve daily system-to-system reconciliations and controls reviews.
- Communicate findings promptly to ensure proper follow-up and timely resolutions of any identified exceptions.
- Stay abreast of accounting standards (GAAP & IFRS), investment performance and GIPS standard, provide accounting technical advisories in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on topics.
- Identify capacity and back-up needs, ensure team is adequately cross-trained and work is equitably distributed among team members.
- Identify process improvements and create checks and controls by suggesting ways to make processes more streamlined and robust.
- Assist the Chennai Lead with recruitment and performance assessment initiatives; regularly monitor staff’s performance and foster effective collaboration across the Chennai team.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, engineering or equivalent. CFA, FRM, PRM, CPA and familiarity with fixed income financial instruments are a strong plus.
- 7 year’s experience in a financial institution or Big 4 auditing firm including 2 years of prior supervisory (technical oversight/SME or people management) experience.
- Experience in delivering high quality client services within a client-focused environment.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel and Excel VBA, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to manage simultaneous competing demands and deliver on time.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including the capacity to communicate and discuss complex technical issues in simple terms both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Summit is highly desirable.
- Flexibility to overlap with US hours will be required to meet reporting deadlines along with willingness to travel to Washington DC for training and team projects.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.