Deadline: 28 October 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information and Data Management Officer in India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information and Data Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support information and data management for HSE, seeking to improve information sharing between HSE and WHO internal/external collaborating units, and to strengthen access to information from other organizations through webpage, SharePoint, dashboard, etc.
- Verify data quality, identify gaps in health information management related to HSE, recommend corrective actions.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, internal and external situation reports, bulletins, health risk assessments, health needs overviews, and strategic response plans.
- Determine the data information elements that are required internally and externally to support the emergency/event specific coordination and decision-making, design standardized methods of capturing and consolidating evidence-based health interventions and document lessons-learnt and best practices.
- Develop tools to harmonize data collection and processes across WCO and field offices to facilitate consolidation of information.
- Respond to specific information requests from the technical teams and partners, ensure dissemination of information and knowledge sharing with all partners.
- Support operational planning and reporting based on available information and evolving emergency situation, as required, this includes planning and monitoring progress of activities under HSE.
- Assist dialogues and initiatives regarding the development and management of emergency prevention, preparedness, recovery and response plans and initiatives within WCO and with national counterparts and other partners at the country level.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Medicine.
- Post graduation in health sciences/public health or other allied fields.
- At least 2 year’s professional experience in the area of health informatics, data management, epidemiology, surveillance and control of communicable diseases in UN and/or other international organizations.
- Working experience in health crisis and emergency setting at national level.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
- Proficiency in computer applications, IT data management and ability to draft reports.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.