Deadline: 8 May 2016
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Manager – Business Development in Delhi, India.
The Manager – Business Development will contribute to the delivery of impact and revenue for IRRI by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing new partnerships with leading seed companies, agro-industrial groups and/or social businesses.
IRRI aims to reduce poverty and hunger, improve the health of rice farmers and consumers, and ensure environmental sustainability of rice farming.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Manager – Business Development will perform the following functions-
- Plan, implement, and monitor the business development strategy for portfolio of partners and potential partners.
- Develop written concept notes and proposal for business development campaigns with partners and prospects, and ensure they move through completion.
- Establish and sustain effective partnerships and revenue streams with relevant stakeholders in line with the general PPE policy.
- Translate regional PPE strategy into clearly communicated action plans and objectives.
- Finalize/write reports for submission to PPE Head and stakeholders.
- Engage positively with IRRI researchers and other colleagues, and develop high quality dialog to understand their needs, in the frame of the PPE strategy, procedures and action plan.
- Deliver high level of quality, partner satisfaction, internal reporting processes, and communication.
- Contribute to the promotion of best practices for Intellectual Property (IP) Management at the Institute.
- Perform market studies and competitive studies to obtain adequate data for analysis.
- Collect and analyze data on relevant markets to identify opportunities.
- Understand the value chain to propose activities within the portfolio of partners and potential partners.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Plant Biology with Master in Business Administration (MBA), Management, Business Development or related field with 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Autonomy and ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication in diverse cultural backgrounds and at diverse levels of responsibility.
- Good documentation and organizational skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Experience in monitoring.
- Strong business sense.
- Aptitude for negotiation in an international context.
- Understanding of the agro-supply industry.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Experience working for an international organization.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IRRI.