Deadline: 20 August 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of NPO (Senior Communication and Media Relations) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The NPO (Senior Communication and Media Relations) will perform the following functions:
- Design and implement WCO’s communication strategies (including the dissemination of public information), ensuring that the latter support the Country office’s programs and objectives.
- Advise the country-wide planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s policy and strategies in the field of public information and education for health.
- Maintain contact with mass media, other UN Information Officers, Governmental organizations and Non-governmental organizations, with the aim to encourage the production and dissemination of information relevant to the implementation of national health strategies.
- Plan, draft and prepare press releases, feature articles and fact sheets in consultation with the technical teams.
- Assist with the preparation of other written materials directed at the media, organizing the preparation of pamphlets, booklets and articles of national, regional and global health activities and problems in cooperation with WHO technical staff and national specialists.
- Ensure production of quality communication materials such as print, electronic materials and website updates by soliciting information from sources within and outside WCO India.
- Provide consulting inputs on their design and layout.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in arts/journalism/communication/social sciences or relevant fields.
- Postgraduate Degree (Master’s) in public health and/or a postgraduate in any of the essential education qualifications listed or other related field relevant to the position.
- 5 year’s of experience in the field of communications, including experience in networking and liaison-building activities with national and international organizations or other relevant experience.
- Experience of work in UN and/or other international organizations.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Hindi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.