Deadline: o3 June 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Participatory Natural Resource Management (NRM) Specialist in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 9 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Participatory Natural Resource Management (NRM) Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work as a focal point for landscape assessment in the project team.
- Review the reports submitted by the agency undertaking Geospatial assessment in Madhya Pradesh and provide inputs for the review of the Project Director (PD)/ AFAOR
- Provide technical support on the development, implementation, and monitoring of Green Landscape Management Plans.
- Provide support in developing monitoring protocols and tools for data collection, ensuring complete documentation and report writing on all the NRM activities
- Identify sustainable agro-ecological interventions for implementation at the field level that promote biodiversity conservation (specific focus on agrobiodiversity conservation), help in the sustainable use of natural resources, and promote climate change mitigation.
- Provide technical inputs in the curriculum development for farmer field schools with the project team for the Green-Landscape governance.
- Provide support in the formulation of a strategy for mainstreaming agrobiodiversity conservation into relevant national and state-level policies, programmes/schemes of the Central and State governments.
- Provide support to communications expert in documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt, including case studies (both project and other relevant experiences) and findings from Green landscape impact monitoring, and lessons captured on agrobiodiversity and NRM.
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of Farmer Field Schools on Landscape Governance
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in environment and natural resources management, or relevant subject.
- At least3 to 5 years of demonstrable experience in preparing high quality biodiversity conservation or sustainable land management projects.
- Experience of working in GEF projects is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of English language with strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.