Deadline: 24 May 2021
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Officer – Marine Pollution Coordinator in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Officer – Marine Pollution Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Project management
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned project.; monitors and analyzes project development and implementation.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for project partners/consultants and oversees due hiring processes for delivery of project outputs as identified in the workplan and ensures delivery of outputs by partners/consultants, in accordance with the approved workplan.
- Knowledge Management
- Provide overall guidance to the Project and coordinates various knowledge products, dialogue platforms and technical support to the Steering Committee of the Initiative.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Ensure that the Project establishes link and is aligned with India office Programme Portfolios and Strategic Plan of UN Environment Medium Term Strategy 2018-21 and Programme of Work 2018-19 and other developments in the Asia Pacific.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Environmental Science, Climate Change Adaptation, Social Sciences, Public Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in climate change adaptation and/or mitigation, environmental sustainability and sustainable energy and/or disaster risk reduction, chemicals and waste management at the national level.
- Experience in programme/project management in international development organizations, bilateral development agencies and/or international NGOs desirable.
- Sound understanding of development financing business models and techniques.
- Experience of working with UN agency would be an asset.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Proven programme management experience with sound knowledge of all aspects of the project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation).
- Experience of fundraising, resource mobilization and donor relations would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral English communication skills.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN language desirable.
- Professional certification in project management is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.