Deadline: 29 June 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Area Manager in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Area Manager will perform the following functions-
- Lead and manage the Country Health Emergency Preparedness & International Health Regulations Unit ensuring coordination and oversight of unit’s work programme promoting an environment of professional in quisitiveness, anticipating new challenges, seeking solutions and evaluating their effectiveness, demonstrating to stakeholders and collaborators a commitment to excellence.
- Manage the regional work in the development, implementation and oversight of relevant strategies, programmes of work, and annual work plans in country health emergency preparedness & International Health Regulations.
- With HQ, Regional and Country Offices, ensure the monitoring and evaluation of WHO’s organization-wide work plan.
- Represent WHO at official meetings and in media context as needed.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s level) in a health field or Medical degree complemented by a post-graduate degree in public health or public health-related discipline.
- Specialized training inepidemiology.
- Specialized training inemergency / humanitarian response.
- Training in leadership or management.
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including considerable experience obtained in an international context, in planning, developing and implementing health security, emergency, surveillance, disease control and public health programmes, and including at least 5 years of management experience in recognized leadership positions with direct responsibility for managing both human and financial resources.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.