Deadline: 20 April 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist in consolidating, review existing information of state-/region-/sector-level vision, policy and/or strategy papers, master plans, sector plans, etc.to prepare sector strategy and investment plans and prioritization framework.
- Support in developing subproject selection criteria to prepare a shortlist of prioritized subprojects for infrastructure development support.
- Assist in conducting review of organisational/institutional structures to identify measures for introducing institutional reforms, capacity building and strengthening organisational effectiveness for concerned stakeholder authorities in the relevant sectors.
- Assist in preparing and updating of documents related to projects concept and formulation, terms of reference of consulting services assignments, project administration manual (PAM) etc. by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices, and drafting various sections, including project description/scope, project cost, loan allocation, procurement, loan covenants, etc.
- Assist in preparing and updating individual project performance reports every month for loans outlining all the required details for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed, and participating in the departmental PPR meetings when needed.
- Participate in various missions as required such as contact missions, inception, review, mid-term mission and project completion report missions by providing support in consolidating /collecting requisite data, reconciliation of project/program information, project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, familiarizing EAs with ADB’s loan/technical assistance (TA) procedures and assisting them where necessary in the preparation of various reports and applications.
- Assists in maintaining records needed to monitor compliance with project and TA covenants.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Business Administration/Planning, or equivalent academic qualification, a
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field would be preferred.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in infrastructure sectors, project related activities experience in international agencies will be preferred.
- Experience in various stages of the project cycle including procurement, contract administration, and progress management.
- Knowledge of Federation International des lngenieurs-Conseils (FIDIC) /various contract modalities of contract is an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, presentation applications).
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member and to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials and able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English and familiarity with local languages and institutions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.