Deadline: 7 October 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economics Officer in India, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Take responsibility for the preparation of the Asian Development Outlook country chapter for India and its updates.
- Review, analyze, and prepare brief and presentation on economic developments including macroeconomic performance and key economic policy issues, and maintains databases on economic and financial statistics.
- Support the Resident Mission’s knowledge management functions, especially as they relate to economic and finance sector issues.
- Support ADB’s country strategy and programming process for India by assessing the implications of economic developments, including policy initiatives of the government, for ADB operations.
- Engage in supporting upstream policy research of the economics and project development unit.
- Assist in preparation of the Country Partnership Strategy and Country Operations Business Plan documents in line with Strategy 2030.
- Support the implementation of ADB-financed loan and technical assistance projects, especially those relating to public sector management, economic policy advisory assistance, and regulatory issues concerning private sector and financial sector development.
- Maintain contact with government agencies, academic/research institutions, and international agencies and other entities on economic and finance sector issues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, Ph.D. will be an advantage.
- Specialization in macroeconomics and public finance preferred.
- Experience in applied economic theory/quantitative methods and policy work of at least 10 years.
- Knowledge of financial sector issues would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, including application of econometric and other quantitative methods for economic policy analysis and formulation.
- Ability in writing in English effectively is essential.
- Excellent computer skills including database management and high level of proficiency in econometric and statistical packages (e.g, Stata).
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and the national language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.