International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Analyst in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Research Analyst will support the research, communications and policy engagement activities under a broad portfolio of research on the effectiveness of agriculture, gender, social protection, health and/or nutrition programs.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Analyzing large survey data sets on nutrition, health, with an emphasis on quality of health and nutrition services.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of field-based surveys related to implementation of health and nutrition programs in different states in India.
- Conducting literature reviews, preparing presentations and presentation materials.
- Providing research and analytical support for workshops and conferences.
- Support activities related to communications and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholder consultations, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs).
- Travel, as needed, to field sites or internationally.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Health, Nutrition or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant post-Master’s work experience.
- Experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata.
- Prior work experience with research organizations in India.
- Ability to work independently, and pay close attention to detail.
- Prior field-based experience with program- or policy-related data collection, especially surveys.
- Experience working with international and national researchers.
- Experience in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and/or Odisha.
- Experience with and/or exposure to qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of major health, nutrition, social protection or livelihoods programs in India.
- Excellent spoken and written in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.