Deadline: 26 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of State Project Officer in Bhubaneswar, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The State Project Officer will support the implementation of the project.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The State Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Capacity development strategies and approaches on Gender Responsive Governance (GRG) at the PRI level developed.
- Resource pool on Gender Responsive Governance at the PRI level established.
- Evidence based advocacy and network support on GRG conducted.
- Panchayat Resource Centers activated and strengthened.
- Convergence model/gender friendly beacon Panchayat piloted.
- Support implementation of project activities and develop a mechanism to monitor implementation of planned activities and budgets.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and joint action with government and other partners to improve the training quality and program deliverables.
- Undertake mission travel to select districts as and when required for research, documentation and monitoring of UN Women- SIRD & PR collaborative project.
- Review of existing training resources on Decentralized planning, Gender Budgeting /GPDP and provisions and entitlements for women under various legislation and flagship programs and identify areas/gaps to incorporate GRG.
- Conduct training needs assessment in key thematic areas related to Gender Responsive Governance and support identification of potential trainees from district and state levels.
- Provide technical support and inputs on key processes and result areas on Gender Responsive Governance to relevant stakeholders in a need-based manner.
- Coordinate and manage proposed research and case studies on promoting women’s political participation and leadership, including situation analysis of key gender issues in project districts.
- Support process documentation and development of audio-visual documentation, video spots on best practices on gender mainstreaming in the project districts.
- Provide inputs on different knowledge products generated during the course of the programme.
- Develop an offline information base on diverse practices of GRG at district and state levels.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Rural Management, Gender Studies, Public Administration, Policy or related fields.
- 6 years of relevant experience at the national/state level working with development projects including hand-on experience of design, implementation and monitoring of projects preferably in the area of Panchayati Raj, Rural Development and Women’s Rights.
- Proficiency in English with good command over Hindi.
- Working knowledge of the local language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.