Deadline: 21 May 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader, Poverty in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader, Poverty will perform the following functions-
- Lead strategic policy and overall guidance for the Poverty Reduction portfolio.
- Ensure effective management, implementation and quality assurance of the country programme portfolio.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships and leads resource mobilization.
- Design and develop new programmes and projects in line with national and corporate priorities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in economics, political/social science, international relations or related field, is required.
- University Degree in similar fields in combination with 7 year’s qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s with a Master’s Degree or 7 year’s with Bachelor’s Degree, of progressively responsible experience in programme/project management in international development organizations, bilateral development agencies and/or international NGOs.
- Additional years of relevant professional experience highly desirable.
- Experience of working with UNDP or another UN agency would be an asset.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Proven programme management experience with sound knowledge of all aspects of the project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation).
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Fluency in national language.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.