Deadline: 1 July 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Education in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Chief Education will be accountable for the development, design, planning, implementation and management of the Education programme within the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Education will perform the following functions-
- Establish the Section’s annual work plan with the education team, set priorities/targets and performance measurement.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Lead/support the planning and conduct/update of situation analysis to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programs and to set program priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the development of education programs/projects (as a full component of the CO and/or UNDAF programs).
- Oversee the timely preparation of program recommendation and related documentation for inclusion in the Country Office Program recommendation ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Provide technical advice to key government officials, NGO, UN system and other country office partners on strategies and best practices to influence approaches/policies and to support social/economic/political/legal development planning, implementation and delivery of results on education and other related issues.
- Coordinate/ensure the availability of technical experts (with Regional Office/HQ) to ensure timely support throughout all stages of programming/project processes.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable education programs/projects initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or higher) in education, economics, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in programme planning, management and/or research in education at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Experience working in the UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Familiarity with emergency response is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.