Deadline: 23 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Child Protection Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child marriage and social norms programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Effective knowledge management supported through appropriate documentation and dissemination of results and lessons learned.
- Contribute to ongoing strategic and policy advice internally and to relevant government ministries, at national, provincial and district level related to child marriage.
- Develop information and communication materials and messages on preventing violence against children and child marriage.
- Effective communication and networking on child marriage achieved through partnership and collaboration with related government and non-government partners.
- Technical and operational support provided to key government and non-government partners on testing innovations and scaling-up interventions.
- Support in designing and monitoring pilot interventions on peer violence and child marriage prevention.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
- 2 years of professional experience in field of social development planning and management specifically related to child marriage or gender equality programming at the international and/or in a developing country is an asset.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.