Deadline: 24 May 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Unit Environment in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Unit Environment will perform the following functions-
- As a member of the Country Office (CO) management team, ensures the strategic direction of UNDP programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), Country Common Analysis (CCA), Country Programme Document (CPD) and Annual Work Plan (AWP) and other documents.
- Identification of strategic programme areas of cooperation.
- Ensure effective management of the CO programme and supervision of the Programme team focusing on quality control of the full cycle of programming from formulation to implementation achieving the following results:
- Effective application of Result Based Management (RBM) tools, establishment of management targets (balance score card) and monitoring achievement of results.
- Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships and supports the resource mobilization in cooperation with the Management Support and Business Development Team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes.
- Creation and coordination of partnerships with the UN Agencies, International Financial Institution (IFI’s), government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society etc.
- Ensure provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Coordination of development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions.
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in international development, environment, energy or climate change-related issues, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
- Advance Degree (Master’s Degree or its equivalent) would be desirable.
- Minimum 5 year’s for Master’s Degree or 7 year’s for Bachelor’s Degree in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Solid experience in the Environment sector and networking a high-level government, experience dealing with governmental/ international/civil society organization, in a multi-cultural setting would be highly desirable.
- Experience working with the private sector, CSO, universities will be highly desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web-based management systems will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP’s rules and procedures would be desirable but not essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia in both writing and speaking.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.