Deadline: 28 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Immunization Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Immunization Specialist will be accountable for professional leadership and innovation in the development, planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring, evaluation, evidence generation, capacity building and oversight management of the Immunization programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Immunization Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contributes towards the preparation of the Situation Analysis by overseeing collection, analysis and evaluation of information, and providing the technical guidance and input.
- Ensures the timely preparation of the Situation Analysis relative to Immunization (EPI) interventions in the country and its periodic update.
- Coordinates to make quality contribution to other related interventions (e.g., Measles. health and nutrition) as part of the integrated immunization activities.
- Ensures the quality sectoral input to the Country Programme Document, and all related documents (e.g., Country Program Action Plan) of the Immunization Programme.
- Participates with UNICEF, Government, non-government organizations (NGOs) and other partners in the development of the immunization strategies and approaches.
- Ensures achievement of strategic results in line with agreed Annual and Country Programme objectives and adopts corrective action to meet programme/project objectives.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to government officials and implementing partners in the planning and management of the Immunization programme and ensure sustainability of interventions.
- Guides, coordinates activities and exchanges information and knowledge with other programmes to contribute to achievement of overall country programme objectives.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Medicine, Public Health, Paediatric Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy and Management, Family Health, Socio-medical Sciences, Health Education, Epidemiology, or other fields relevant to immunization.
- 8 years of professional work experience at the national and international level in health care delivery, health systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation. This should include at least 3-4 years professional work experience in a managerial position or as a technical expert in health care and/or immunization programming.
- Developing country work experience.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.