Deadline: 29 April 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions:
- Produce press releases, fact sheets, Q&A’s, background documents etc. in both Bahasa Indonesia and English for media and other partners.
- Monitor media mentions and interactions, analysing and interpreting the data to inform communication decisions.
- Expand, foster and strengthen media relationships with local and national agencies.
- Produce content for online communication i.e. WHO Indonesia website and social media both in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Contribute to social media packages and campaigns.
- Produce communication products to illustrate and inform the broad public about WHO’s work.
- Perform editorial and proofreading functions of official documents, publications and online materials in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in communications/journalism/media/public relations/international relations or another relevant.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in communications/journalism/media/public relations or similar.
- Experience in capacity-building through monitoring and analysis of communication results.
- 4 or more years of experience in communications/media/public relations or similar, ideally within an international context.
- Experience in creating content for health-related programs.
- Knowledge of communications and media landscape in Indonesia.
- Knowledge of application various tools of media analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, complemented by sound interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with media, high level government authorities, multi sectors and partners and donors.
- Ability to work within a competing environment and with multi sectoral partners.
- Technical expertise and overall attitude at work are also required mandatory competencies.
- Expert knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.