Deadline: 7 October 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist (Environment & Climate Action) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist (Environment & Climate Action) will perform the following functions:
- Evidence generation, situation analysis and technical guidance to staff and programme partners on climate change and environmental risks facing children
- Map and maintain overall knowledge on the policies and regulatory frameworks, institutions, programmatic activities and partnerships, including at subnational level, relevant to child rights realisation from the perspective of environment and climate.
- Identify objectives, actions and best practices for protecting children from climate change and environmental risk globally and locally and provide necessary technical assistance and capacity development.
- Coordinate identification and addressing of gaps in the evidence base around the impact of climate change on child rights in Indonesia across various programmes.
- Advocacy and partnership development
- Establish strong working relationships with relevant ministries and government counterparts aimed at supporting national priorities and advancing UNICEF’s environment and climate action portfolio.
- Support communication, dissemination of evidence, and awareness raising regarding climate change.
- Identify partners and entry points for strategic engagement and policy advocacy regarding climate change impact on children.
- Support the development of platforms and opportunities that empower children as agents of change with an active role in addressing climate-related risks.
- Management and coordination support for programme development and implementation
- Substantively lead UNICEF efforts at cross-sectoral integration of environment and climate change and development of effective programmatic response at all levels from strategy development to design and costing specific interventions.
- Manage distinct projects in the environment and climate action portfolio and support a network of programme focal points in the coordinated implementation and optimal use funds of environment-focused interventions.
- Liaise and build effective programmatic partnerships with other stakeholders active in climate change and environmental sustainability in Indonesia.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in environment, climate science, social and economic development, public health, public administration international cooperation or another relevant technical field is required.
- Bachelor Degree in combination with 2 additional relevant year’s can also be considered.
- Post-Graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree with a specialization on environment and climate science are a strong asset.
- 5 year’s of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national level in programme/project development, focused on areas related to development cooperation in climate change adaptation and mitigation, environment or socio-economic development.
- Experience in applying results-based management required.
- Experience with research methodologies and data analysis, using a statistical software (STATA SPSS or SAS), is an advantage.
- Familiarity with government and administration regulations and experience working with sub-national governments is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English for developing reports and communication with government counterparts and international staff respectively.
- Good skills in computer applications, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.