Deadline: 29 June 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to and facilitate activity implementation including, annual work planning, detailed activity planning, and partner and stakeholder coordination.
- Lead detailed activity budget planning and fund utilization according to WFP and donor requirements, standards, and guidelines.
- Contribute to and facilitate provision of technical assistance to key government partners including: review of existing and developing policies, regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and guidelines.
- Coordination with the EPR Officer contribute to all activity reports, donor reports and other relevant documentation including: the collection, and the review and validation of relevant data, in accordance with donor and WFP reporting requirements.
- Prepare and elaborate reports and substantial data analysis (i.e. resource utilization, programme progress) and make recommendations to supervisors ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Liaise and establish contacts and networks for maintaining and strengthening WFP’s relationship with national and sub-national governments including line ministries, I/NGO, and civil society organizations, other UN Agencies, academics, etc) to ensure effective collaboration and support in monitoring of the ongoing EPR activities.
- Design and facilitate the organization and roll-out of EPR simulations and capacity building events (trainings, workshops, seminars, and coaching/mentoring) on humanitarian logistics and supply chain management in collaboration with Government and non-government partners and interagency networks.
- Facilitate and support the formation and operations of the National Logistics Cluster (NLC) and provincial logistics working groups to ensure better logistics preparedness and response, in alignment to the National Disaster Management Law and Response Framework.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in relevant field or secondary school education including or supplemented by courses related to the area of work.
- Certification and/or courses on logistics, supply chain management, and disaster management is desirable.
- At least 7 year’s relevant professional experience in logistics, supply chain management, and or disaster management.
- Experience in humanitarian operations or programme implementations at the field or national level.
- Experience working in an international organization and/or multicultural environment. International experiences is a plus.
- Experience in utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheets and other software packages, SAP preferable.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, policies and procedures in emergency preparedness and response as well as climate change adaptation.
- Understand supply chain and disaster management and experiences in coordination with stakeholders.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.