Deadline: 28 June 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work under the guidance of the Social Safeguards Coordinator on the social safeguards portfolio to manage the social impacts in World Bank projects, providing quality assurance.
- This will include direct support to investments.
- Support in advising task teams and government counterparts on the Bank’s policies relating to assessment and mitigation of social risks and impacts during preparation and supervision of projects.
- Contribute to social safeguards inputs for project implementation and project monitoring and evaluation.
- Review client-developed social safeguards procedures and documentation for compliance with policy and quality assurance.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree with 5 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related social science (e.g., Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Political Science).
- Demonstration, through written work and dialogue, of in-depth knowledge of social issues in Indonesia and Timor Leste.
- Proven capacity to translate analytical work into policy advice and operational, actionable, recommendations.
- Basic knowledge of World Bank’s operations including social safeguard policies on involuntary resettlement and indigenous peoples.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.