Deadline: 20 May 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of C4D Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The C4D Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to and participate in conducting research and analysis of Behavioural, social, and cultural aspects in the country/region.
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information.
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to research, develop, and produce evidence-based strategies to ensure community engagement and participation, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Support the implementation of C4D activities
- Develop and enhance strong partnerships with community groups, leaders, and other partners in the community and civil society for the promotion of participation in social and Behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
- Capacity-building support
- Monitoring and knowledge management
- Budget planning and management of programme funds
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Communication Studies, and Health Education) or any other relevant field.
- Training in social and behavior change and social research would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of social behavior change programMEs, including 2 years of practical experience in the adaptation and application of C4D processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English and the local working language of the duty station will be considered an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.