Deadline: 23 February 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Officer in Kampala, Uganda.
The Communications Senior Officer will be responsible for the effective communication of project activities, and promote positive publicity for its results, achievements and outcomes.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure wide publicity of the project in all areas of significance in line with budgets and annual work-plans approved by the Project Steering Committee.
- Manage the communication channels including media and any stakeholders in relation to the project brand and image of the funders and client.
- Support in the development and subsequent management of the website of the Project with events (upcoming and completed), activities and major related partnerships, etc..
- Develop and update the Project Communication Strategy with a communications plan for the project that includes all activities that are to be covered in the project.
- Ensure development, operationalisation and maintenance of an on-line website and portal for the Project, with frequent regular updates on key elements like events, partnerships etc..
- Manage the social media platforms for the project and make responses accordingly.
- Develop and roll out communications products such as tweets, posts, blogs, press releases, etc..
- Coordinate communication on the project with counterparts in the partner implementing organisations including with regard to capacity building to have project information well disseminated for advocacy to different stakeholders.
- Maintain effective information flows between the the project management team, implementation partners, Cities Alliance, government and other stakeholders.
- Provide input into the project and Cities Alliance / UNOPS advocacy programmes and in this respect work closely with the Project stakeholders.
- Support the development of partnerships with relevant stakeholders to roll out the communications plan.
- Take charge of the periodic publication of reports, audio and visual outputs of the project.
- Undertake any other functions related to the successful implementation of the project as may be requested by the Project Manager.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or a related field is required.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 year’s of relevant experience in management and dissemination of communication or advocacy.
- Demonstrated experience in communication with stakeholders is required.
- Experience in communication with social media is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems and social media communication in an institution.
- Experience in project and web-based information management.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of ICT applications to information management and dissemination.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.