Deadline: 17 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of ICT Technical Assistant in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
ICT Technical Assistant will be responsible to support all ICT operations in the country, for implementing ICT standards and policies, as well as NRC’s global digital transformation strategy.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The ICT Technical Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Adhere to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are made available and well maintained.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problem, implement corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Set up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level.
- Monitors, operate and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level).
- Implement NRC filing system (electronic files) at country level.
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet).
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience from working as an ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC.
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication).
- Office organization skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.