Deadline: 17 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of ICT Technical Assistant in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
ICT Technical Assistant will be responsible to support all ICT operations in the country, for implementing ICT standards and policies, as well as NRC’s global digital transformation strategy.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The ICT Technical Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Adhere to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are made available and well maintained.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problem, implement corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Set up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level.
- Monitors, operate and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level).
- Implement NRC filing system (electronic files) at country level.
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet).
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience from working as an ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC.
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication).
- Office organization skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.