Deadline: 28 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop, analyze and disseminate geo-information related to preparedness, mitigation measures and emergency response.
- Review population vulnerability as well as Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VRAM) activities in country.
- Communicate with partners and in country hubs/UN/NGO/others to encourage data sharing in order to ensure using common standard baseline data and the availability and promotion of relevant baseline data.
- Contribute to the development of tools for data sharing to support all emergency related procedures, activities, and protocols.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate data for timely flow of health and non-health information to support decision making processes in event of acute emergency as well as early recovery phase.
- Support the overall information management (collection and distribution) of emergency related resources through various mediums including e-alerts and emergency dashboards.
- Technical support in operationalizing country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners using Geographic Information System (GIS), Geo spatial expertise and data management with special skills in District Health Information System (DHIS2).
- Compile, aggregate, analyze and maintain inter-country information from WHO including contact lists, regional 3W, Emergency Response Framework (ERF) performance monitoring, health indicator/situation/response data and Data Validation Reports (DVR).
- Develop Health Resources Availability Mapping System (HeRAMS) database including data update, collection and monitoring of health resources and services in the country
Applicants must have:
- University degree in engineering, biostatistics, epidemiology, demography or computer sciences.
- Post graduate degree in information management and/or geographic information systems.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in spatial data analysis (ex. geographic information system integration, spatial interpolation, geographic/terrain analysis, image processing, mapping, GPS, geo-spatial related information technology, geo-statistics, remote sensing, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the management of health information.
- Ability to conduct data collection and analysis using various methods.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of programme management and functioning of WHO and the UN system is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Arabic.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.