Deadline: 28 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Information Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop, analyze and disseminate geo-information related to preparedness, mitigation measures and emergency response.
- Review population vulnerability as well as Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VRAM) activities in country.
- Communicate with partners and in country hubs/UN/NGO/others to encourage data sharing in order to ensure using common standard baseline data and the availability and promotion of relevant baseline data.
- Contribute to the development of tools for data sharing to support all emergency related procedures, activities, and protocols.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate data for timely flow of health and non-health information to support decision making processes in event of acute emergency as well as early recovery phase.
- Support the overall information management (collection and distribution) of emergency related resources through various mediums including e-alerts and emergency dashboards.
- Technical support in operationalizing country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners using Geographic Information System (GIS), Geo spatial expertise and data management with special skills in District Health Information System (DHIS2).
- Compile, aggregate, analyze and maintain inter-country information from WHO including contact lists, regional 3W, Emergency Response Framework (ERF) performance monitoring, health indicator/situation/response data and Data Validation Reports (DVR).
- Develop Health Resources Availability Mapping System (HeRAMS) database including data update, collection and monitoring of health resources and services in the country
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in engineering, biostatistics, epidemiology, demography or computer sciences.
- Post graduate degree in information management and/or geographic information systems.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in spatial data analysis (ex. geographic information system integration, spatial interpolation, geographic/terrain analysis, image processing, mapping, GPS, geo-spatial related information technology, geo-statistics, remote sensing, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the management of health information.
- Ability to conduct data collection and analysis using various methods.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of programme management and functioning of WHO and the UN system is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Arabic.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.