Deadline: 2 April 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer in Djibouti City, Djibouti. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Information Management Officer will be responsible for operationalizing and managing UNVIM on behalf of the UN and Member States in coordination with the Regional Humanitarian Coordinator (UNOCHA) and is looking for a database officer to support UNVIM.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Determine the primary data and information elements that are required internally and externally to support the clearance process for commercial shipments destined for Yemeni ports.
- Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets and other data tools.
- Understand, document, and ensure the quality of high-value data for accuracy, consistency and comparability.
- Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis and design and implement sustainable information management and dissemination systems for data collections.
- Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Organize, design and carry out the evaluation and analysis of datasets related to verification, monitoring and inspection processes.
- Participate in the development, implementation and management of new indicators, together with its accompanying data, to be included in clearance process datasets.
- Provide maintenance and end user technical support in issues relating to the database use and administration, including trouble-shooting for data entry and access to the existing database.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree in information management, information systems, social science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in database development, information management, information systems, web management, data management, data visualization, or other related area.
- Experience managing information in international development or humanitarian context as well as relevant experience within the UN system is desirable.
- Experience in providing excellent client/customer services.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the management of information in an international development or humanitarian context.
- Ability to conduct data collection using various methods.
- Excellent knowledge of clustering and replicating data, in addition to experience in managing system under huge pressure and low bandwidth.
- Excellent command of website content management systems (Drupal experience desirable) and database management software.
- Experience in data visualization and graphic design is desirable.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds and languages.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of French or Arabic Language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.