Deadline: 30 July 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Security Specialist in Washington, D.C, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information Security Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide support for the provision of information security services to the Organization; advise on InfoSec requirements, standards, best practices, controls, and compliance with industry frameworks;
- Provide strategies for the improvement of information technology operations related to access control, cybersecurity, and system and application updates; recommend new activities and changes to existing information security policies and procedures;
- Support the Information Security Advisor in the implementation and expansion of Information Security controls framework;
- Conduct vulnerability and risk analyses of PAHO systems and applications and liaise with IT Operations and business owners to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed within the agreed time periods; ensure the Information Security controls framework assessments are completed for PAHO applications; support ITS in conducting Information Security risk assessments of new software installation requests by other entities;
- Support the continuous improvement of the Managed Detection and Response (MDR) monitoring, analysis, and alerting processes; respond to incidents raised by the MDR and other monitoring tools such as Sentinel and Varonis;
- Conduct Information Security awareness activities; prepare awareness materials and campaigns;
- Coordinate the execution of penetration tests and external assessments;
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or in any other field related to the functions of the post from a recognized university.
- Postgraduate education/certifications in Cybersecurity would be an asset.
- 5 year’s of combined national and international experience related to IT application/system deployment, Information Technology Operations, and/or Cybersecurity.
- Experience with incident management IT service management tools (e.g. TopDesk, ServiceNow) and with Intranet communications platform (e.g. SharePoint) to respond to incidents and maintain the Information Security website.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.