Deadline: 18 October 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of IT Operations Assistant in Gurugram, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The IT Operations Assistant will support the delivery of efficient and effective IT Infrastructure in arena of Microsoft and and cloud services, particularly Windows Server support ( 2016) , O365 , Azure, ATP, Cloud based SCCM ,Intune ( Mobile device Management) and AWS technologies and contributing to sound, innovative IT solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The IT Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide remote support and Monitor HQ and field offices support tickets using our internal ticket tracking system.
- Manage the large rollout of Patch Management and OS deployment, Upgrades through Cloud SCCM and Microsoft Operations Management suite.
- Escalate and coordinate with L3 and vendor support team whenever required.
- Ensure in-scope infrastructure components are checked regularly, updated, and secured.
- Willing to work shifts, after-hours and weekends as needed; occasionally on short notice due to emergencies (i.e., Deploy an OS patch on a AWS/ Microsoft server to mitigate a vulnerability risk).
- Create reports as needed including Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
- Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on OS Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019 and Office 365 with enterprise telephony.
- Provide L3 technical support for simple and complex customer environments.
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, and conduct root-cause analysis.
- Plan, configure and deploy projects for our customers including infrastructure rebuilds, cloud migrations, and network redesigns.
- Ability and willingness to reach out for assistance when required to ensure that all technical issues are resolved as efficiently and timely as possible.
- Manage the support the Mobile device management solution (Intune) for WFP users.
- Install, deploy and Manage the Cloud based infrastructure (AWS).
- Administer and support Microsoft products and services (IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, SQL, Share point, Azure, O365, OMS, SCOM, cloud based SCCM).
- Be a strong source of knowledge and provide training for other members of the service department.
- Ability and willingness to provide backup for any role in the service department as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings as designated.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- Valid Microsoft and AWS certifications, MCSE/MCSA/ AWS/ O365/ATP certification on O365/Windows Server 2016/2019 is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience is required, in Azure/ ATP/Cloud SCCM /Amazon Web Services (AWS)/ Intune/Cloud based SCCM in a similar role in a large network environment.
- Working experience from Large ITES/BPO organisations will be an added advantage.
- Analysis of security logs and exposure to SIEM/ SOC on Microsoft tools would be highly preferable.
- Proven ability in helping partners build a Microsoft best practice solution process and understanding of office 365 offerings.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ ITIL4 Foundation certification would an asset.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.