Deadline: 28 July 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Tehran, Iran.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Programme Associate will be responsible to provide some technical but mostly administrative support to both the Communications and Partnerships and Resource Mobilization (PRM) Units.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Assist with making necessary technical arrangements for implementation of communication and resource mobilization activities as part of the External Communication, Media and Public Relations and Resource Mobilization work of the office; helps organize and generate public and private sector support for special events and activities to promote country programme goals.
- Assist with establishing/maintaining up-to-date UNICEF website, UNICEF social media networks, audio-visual database related to communication and resource mobilization.
- Follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials for partners and donors (e.g., films, video, audio-visual, training material, etc.)
- Provide general assistance to the Communication Unit and PRM Unit for programme implementation; organizes programme data and information through centralization of programme performance reports from both Units; prepares and maintains relevant records, documents and control plans for monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Assist the PRM Officer in identifying and developing partnerships with the private sector to help orient them on country programme goals and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of the country programme.
- Collect information from the Communication and PRM Units and from the SAP/Insight on regular basis and prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports on each Unit’s performance and activities; assists with budget planning and monitoring of the budget utilization of the Communication and PRM Units and provides reports to the relevant supervisors on a regular and agreed basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Secondary school graduation.
- University degree in related fields is an asset.
- 6 years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work of which at least one year to have been closely related to support of programme and communication activities.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Farsi (written and spoken).
- Good knowledge of computer applications required.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment.
- Pro-active attitude and pleasant disposition.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.