Deadline: 06 February 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Assist in development and implementation of various activities and processes for the food security interventions in various states aligned to guidance of WFP.
- Provide technical assistance to state offices and government stakeholders that are responsible for the implementation of projects at the state level.
- Act as point of contact for resolution of range of operational queries and problems faced during the implantation of projects.
- Oversee and/or review, the work of WFP contracted filed partners, provide follow ups and guidance in consultation with the Head Supply chain and PDS.
- Validate and test solutions as per the requirement specifications.
- Coordinate with government counterparts at district level subject to need from implementation plan.
- Liaise with project stakeholders for timely implementation and speedy resolution of issues identified in the projects.
- Prepare training material and undertake capacity strengthening of state level PDS stakeholders in applying optimization/ analysis tools effectively and support State Government in implementation of various projects.
- Collaborate with Vendors/State offices for ongoing activities.
- The incumbent will be required to frequently; and will also be directly involved in providing deployment support.
- The incumbent would be required to manage vendor invoicing & payments as per defined WFP guidelines and vendor agreements.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related / in any of the following disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Business Administration or any other.
- At least 6 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience working in the related areas of project co-ordination, procurement, implementation support, reporting , co-ordinations with government or a development agency.
- Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required.
- Fluency oral and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Hindi is preferred.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.