Deadline: 12 July 2019
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Public Information Officer in Vienna, Austria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is to contribute to the achievement of security and justice for all by making the world safer from crime, drugs and terrorism.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Public Information Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of information programmes, campaigns and or major events to publicize the work of UNODC in preventing corruption, wildlife and forestry crime, as well as human trafficking, including the promotion of the Blue Heart Campaign against human trafficking and the UN Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking.
- Draft information strategies, implementing actions, coordinating efforts, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up action, and analysing the outcome.
- Contribute to UNODC outreach efforts for the three related International/World Days around wildlife crime (3 March); human trafficking (30 July); and corruption (9 December).
- Coordinate the production of major video programmes and products, including video news releases to be distributed online and/or aired on television.
- Substantially contribute to, coordinate and/or guide the production of communication products with an emphasis on audio-visual materials, as well as web content, press releases, radio spots, website stories, topics proposal, undertaking research, determining appropriate medium and target audience, preparing production plans, writing drafts, obtaining clearances and finalizing texts, editing copy, and coordinating design approval, printing procedures and distribution.
- Liaise with various service providers (artistic and technical) to facilitate production, translations and reproduction of radio and television public service announcements, video news releases and B-roll and other public information materials.
- Act as focal point on the issues mentioned in the first point, monitoring and reporting on development and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned communication project; monitor and analyze project development and implementation; identify opportunities to maximize visibility to the project.
- Ensure coordination with field offices and the respective programme heads of the supported Global Programmes to promote selected activities in the field, including timely use of social media.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communications, journalism, international relations, social sciences or other related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the international level in journalism, communications, press, media production or related fields is required.
- Experience in developing web- and social media content is required.
- Experience in project management and reporting is highly desirable.
- Experience preparing concepts, scripts and/or producing video materials for social media and/or television is desirable.
- Experience with issues specifically related to human trafficking, anti-corruption, as well as wildlife and forest crime is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNODC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.