Deadline: 21 December 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Education Specialist (Assessment) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Education Specialist (Assessment) will perform the following functions-
- Supports the conceptualization and implementation of learning assessment tools for ADB’s education sector operations in close coordination with the Education Sector Group;
- Identifies emerging and successful assessment models including online assessment and institutions that are leading this work regionally and globally to ensure consistency in ADB’s approach to improving student learning outcomes and equity;
- Takes stock of how different DMCs are institutionalizing their assessment systems including formative and summative assessments and how such assessments are consistent with global best practices to ascertain how and where ADB can leverage its support;
- Identifies and assist at least 2-3 projects per year in conceptualizing, processing or implementing ADB’s education sector projects/programs that include strengthening assessment systems and tools;
- Based on emerging needs and priorities, conceptualizes and fosters new approaches and business models to develop new pipeline projects to integrate assessment tools for scaling up quality education at all levels;
- Identifies and develops effective professional development programs on assessment for ADB staff and government counterparts in partnership with globally known partners on assessment;
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in education psychometrics, research, technology, or social science in relevant fields or University degree and at least 5 years of specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- At least 10 years of work experience in education reforms in strengthening assessment systems at operational and policy levels, preferably in advanced and developing countries.
- International experience working in several countries.
- The expert should be familiar with (i) the latest developments in assessment in education; (ii) most effective assessment tools that are contributing to improved learning and labor market outcomes; (iii) major institutions and networks that are involved in assessments in education and skill development; and (iv) education reforms that are promoting effective learning assessment.
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing assessment reforms and solutions on the ground will be highly valued.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.