Deadline: 17 March 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop and maintain a publicly accessible repository of public health measures adopted by countries in response to public health emergencies of international concern, including recommendations for travelers.
- Develops travel advice during outbreaks and emergencies and follow up with partners including WHO collaborating centers for travel and health.
- Oversee the publication, regular updating and implementation of routes for aircraft disinsection and follow up on vector control in conveyances.
- Manage the Yellow Fever Working Group and carry out yearly updates for Yellow Fever vaccination requirements and recommendations.
- Supports the organization, conduct and follow up of the IHR Emergency Committees and Review Committees, including maintaining the IHR Roster of experts.
- Promotes multi-disciplinary and cross-cutting approaches and activities to facilitate full participation within and outside WHO/WHE/EPA and key partners.
- Perform other related responsibilities, including replacing and/or backstopping.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced level university degree in public health, or law or social, or behavioural or managerial sciences, or international relations.
- At least 7 years of experience working in the area of international public health with an emphasis on international outbreak response, including planning and management at national and international levels.
- Extensive knowledge of IHR (2005), their purpose and content, complemented by a good understanding of the processes of IHR Committees.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to write and summarize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to stakeholders and partners in countries, technical programs and other organizations in the subject area.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at Regional, inter-country and country levels.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.