Deadline: 26 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Ulan Bator, Mongolia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform following functions:
- Provide technical support to the MOH in the effective implementation of the national strategy for vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Manage and coordinate all WHO/EPI programmes and related activities.
- Viral Hepatitis:
- Facilitate the implementation of the workplan on viral hepatitis.
- Provide technical support to the MOH and NCCD in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of “Healthy liver” national programme.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity-building of primary and secondary health care providers on viral hepatitis prevention and control.
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH and NCCD on strengthening chronic hepatitis B and C surveillance.
- Assist the MOH in promoting research on viral hepatitis.
- TB and HIV/STI:
- Provide technical support to the MOH and NCCD in the planning, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of the National TB, HIV/AIDS and STI programmes.
- Provide technical support in reaching elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B.
- Contribute to the effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund-supported project on TB, HIV/AIDS and other projects implemented by nongovernment organizations.
- To establish operational framework for the various EPI programme plans and related activities of the EPI task force including with CSR, Stop TB and HIV foci.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in medicine or public health, or other health-related sciences from a recognizeduniversity.
- Postgraduate degree in public health and/or epidemiology.
- 5 year’s experience of working in the area of communicable disease prevention and control, particularly in the area of EPI, STI, HIV, TB, hepatitis prevention and control.
- Experience in working with the MOH, civil society, development partners and local health authorities in the development, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EPI, STI, HIV, TB and hepatitis programmes.
- Able to work with the MOH, NCCD and other partners on the subject; good knowledge of communicable diseases specialized in EPI, HIV/AIDS/STIs, TB and hepatitis natural history, epidemiology and control strategies; good communication skills, broad knowledge and skills in planning, managing, and evaluating of programmes on HIV/AIDS/STI, TB, viral hepatitis prevention, treatment, care and support.
- Able to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local MNG Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.