Deadline: 30 June 2020
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Africa Spotlight Regional Program Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Africa Spotlight Regional Program Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the delivery of the Africa Spotlight Regional Programme
- Manage the Africa Spotlight Regional Programme, ensuring coordination across all partners and workstreams, to ensure quality, integrated multi-disciplinary planning and implementation of deliverables and results.
- Lead the implementation of an integrated approach to results-based management and accountability across all components of the Regional Programme.
- Lead programme oversight and quality assurance ensuring consistency and harmonization with the Regional Project Document and Budget.
- Coordinate the development of narrative progress and annual reports
- Develop and coordinate the Africa Regional Programme knowledge management strategy and plan.
- Coordinate and collate evidence-based best practices and lessons learned from the regional programme to inform and shape global practice.
- Lead the development of regional knowledge management events and products, bringing knowledge from the programme to bear on the GBV/SRHR/harmful practices knowledge management agenda.
- Support programme staff to disseminate the programme’s lessons, results and experiences through multiple fora, including conferences, webinars, peer-reviewed journal.
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate University Degree in international relations/development, management, public administration, public health, gender, communication, economics, sociology, demography, and public policy or equivalent development related area.
- 10 year’s of increasingly responsible professional experience in the management of complex, donor-funded multi-partner programmes.
- Work experience in a developing country context in Africa.
- Evidence of political acumen and partnership building.
- Experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination.
- Experience in leading/managing communications product development and dissemination.
- Experience of working closely with the AU/AUC, preferred.
- Strong track record of leadership and management, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
- Ability to build and motivate / lead cross-cutting teams to produce client-oriented results.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills in English is essential.
- Strong verbal communication skills in French, preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.