Deadline: 5 February 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Area Coordinator in Bossembélé, Central African Republic. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Area Coordinator will be responsible for representing the organization at various forums, line managing Programme Managers, M&E Officer; Base Manager and ensure appropriate Community Response Mechanism (CRM) and security protocols are in place.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Programme Implementation
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of all programmes in line with Concern’s strategy, sector approaches (including WASH and Livelihoods), internal policies and procedures and recognised best practices, core and minimum standards.
- Contribute to and coordinate the team in the development and submission of concept notes, proposals and reports in collaboration with the Programme Director
- Ensure implementation of all projects and programmes as per budgets, work-plans, results & monitoring frameworks, procurement plans etc.
- Make sure logistical, financial and human resources potential are optimized, in line with the Concern values, standards and policies.
- Financial management
- Overall responsibility for the integrity of the finance systems in Ombella M’Poko and Lobaye prefectures and ensuring strict adherence to Concern’s Financial Policy and Procedures.
- In collaboration with the Base Manager ensure financial projections are prepared and submitted to CD, PD and Finance Dept.
- In close collaboration with the Programme Managers and Base Manager, monitor the monthly expenditure of all programme budgets and adherence to Concern policy and guidelines for finance management, and advise the PD, the CD and the finance department of any variances and recommend solution.
- In collaboration with programme managers and base manager, ensure that the monthly cash forecast is accurate and submitted on time.
- Security Management
- The Areas Coordinator is the Security Focal Point (SFP) for Ombella M’Poko and Lobaye prefectures and ensures the local Security Focal Group is functioning effectively.
- Ensure the team and visitors understand and adhere to the Concern Worldwide Security Management Plan (SMP) and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitor and report on the security situation and any security incidents in the programme area, in a timely manner, to the CD, SD and PD and ensure appropriate follow up.
- Coordination, Networking and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders at sub-prefecture level – including armed and civil actors, community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders – to enhance cooperation and coordination and to minimise security issues.
- Represent Concern during potential visits by donor agencies, the National Authorities, UN Agencies, partners and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- Relevant Degree (international development or related discipline).
- At least 3 year’s experience of managing and coordinating field based operations preferably in food security, health and nutrition sectors in remote and fragile locations.
- Relevant experience in supervising, managing/coaching, training and develop skills of others.
- Master’s in development studies, rural development, WASH, public health, or any other development related study.
- Experience in promoting community participation in programme design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a remote environment.
- Previous experience in project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation in development and humanitarian context.
- Experience in dealing with local authorities, national and international NGOs/UN agencies.
- Experience and ability to lead a multi-sectoral programme team of international and national staff working in a remote location.
- Familiarity and knowledge of finance, logistics and administration.
- Experience of monitoring and reporting of budgets across a programme and ensuring effective and accountable use of funds.
- Computer literate and sound knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in French both written and verbal, and good working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Concern Worldwide.