Deadline: 22 March 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Programme Manager in Dolo Ado, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
- Programme Management and Quality
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with donor commitments – monitoring achievements against both activity-level targets, and quantitative and qualitative indicators;
- Lead on programmatic financial planning and budget management, with responsibility for ensuring proper budget management practices are followed by programme teams. Supervise budget management and forecasts of sector managers; proactively identify and flag variances with country office;
- Responsible for the development of project-level tools (e.g. work plans, budget trackers, procurement plans) for all grants;
- Coordinate internal and external programmatic reporting, ensuring inputs are high quality and provided in a timely fashion;
- People and Team Management
- Line manage sector managers, ensuring that they have the support that they require, that performance objectives are in place, relevant work plans are in place, and performance reviews are conducted on a regular basis, for all programmes staff;
- Ensure inter-departmental co-ordination between programmes and support;
- Lead on recruitment of senior programme staff in coordination with the Area Manager;
- Enable an effective team through the provision of leadership, coaching and on-the-job training. Ensure implementation of personal development plans for sector managers and officers;
- Encourage a positive and mutually supportive team spirit and working environment;
Applicants must have:
- University degree in management, international relations, development studies, social work, or other related field
- Master’s degree in a related field considered an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ high-level management experience, overseeing multi-sector, multi-donor humanitarian programs in complex environments;
- Proven expertise in project management at all stages of the humanitarian programme cycle, including programme design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and applying learning
- Practical financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation; understanding of HR principles and ethics.
- Experience of staff management, capacity building and performance development systems.
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills with an understanding of NGO and donor requirements – experience with DANIDA, ECHO, FCDO, USAID / BHA an advantage
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC;
- Fluency in English required; full professional proficiency in both written and oral English language
- Somali language skills a strong advantage
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.