Deadline: 17 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Camp Management Team Leader in Sittwe, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Camp Management Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Sector responsibilities:
- Jointly with the CRM, CwC, and Community Participation Officers and under leadership of the Camp Management Manager, the Team Leader will help plan weekly activities for each team.
- Hold weekly meetings with both the Community Services Officer & the DRC CCCM field assistant teams to review activity progress, and brief on future activities.
- Team leader will support in establishing and maintaining relationships with community representatives, government counterparts, and other humanitarian agencies.
- Team Leader will work closely with the Community Services Team & DRC protection team to identify, monitor, report and follow up on referral cases.
- Team leader will support other DRC departments in issues regarding CMC’s, Camp Focal Points and community liaison where necessary.
- Lead and manage the CwC, Community Participation, and CRM teams (including people planning, performance, well-being and development).
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/Support activities.
- Ensure daily monitoring of programme areas.
- Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercisesDevelop close routes of communication with camp populations, inclusive of Women, Youth, elderly, people with disabilities etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in political science, international development, economics or another relevant field
- Minimum 3 year’s of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 year’s of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Field experience working in camp-like setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with communities.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- Native Myanmar or Rakhine speaker.
- Muslim language skills are an advantage.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.