Deadline: 17 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Camp Management Team Leader in Sittwe, Myanmar.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Camp Management Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Sector responsibilities:
- Jointly with the CRM, CwC, and Community Participation Officers and under leadership of the Camp Management Manager, the Team Leader will help plan weekly activities for each team.
- Hold weekly meetings with both the Community Services Officer & the DRC CCCM field assistant teams to review activity progress, and brief on future activities.
- Team leader will support in establishing and maintaining relationships with community representatives, government counterparts, and other humanitarian agencies.
- Team Leader will work closely with the Community Services Team & DRC protection team to identify, monitor, report and follow up on referral cases.
- Team leader will support other DRC departments in issues regarding CMC’s, Camp Focal Points and community liaison where necessary.
- Lead and manage the CwC, Community Participation, and CRM teams (including people planning, performance, well-being and development).
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/Support activities.
- Ensure daily monitoring of programme areas.
- Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercisesDevelop close routes of communication with camp populations, inclusive of Women, Youth, elderly, people with disabilities etc.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in political science, international development, economics or another relevant field
- Minimum 3 year’s of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 year’s of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Field experience working in camp-like setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with communities.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- Native Myanmar or Rakhine speaker.
- Muslim language skills are an advantage.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.