Deadline: 25 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Child Protection in Baghdad, Iraq.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief Child Protection will perform the following functions:
- Report to the Deputy Representative Programme for general guidance and direction.
- Responsible for managing and leading all stages of child protection programmes/projects from strategic planning and formulation to achieving concrete and sustainable contributions to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm and to protect their rights to survival, development and wellbeing as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/frameworks and UN intergovernmental bodies.
- Lead and manage dynamic and diverse child protection team and providing timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
- Responsible for establishing the section’s plans of action to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable programme/project results, according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- Minimum 10 year’s professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas, at the international level, is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme management in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.