Deadline : 30 July 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Nepal.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction for the activity, ensuring that activities align with the project’s vision and partners achieve the expected results.
- Lead the strategic planning of the project, such as annual work planning; oversee implementation of workplan activities and delivery of annual targets.
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID, government counterparts, program stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics’ program management unit on all program related matters.
- Identify issues and risk associated with project implementation in a timely manner and guide appropriate adjustments.
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in international development, economics, business administration, public policy, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s of experience in private sector development, agribusiness, business development service management, investment promotion, and access to finance.
- Demonstrated expertise in market-based business services, SME growth and development, financial services, trade facilitation, private sector engagement, and workforce skills development.
- Experience leading complex international development programs is required; experience as chief of party or team leader on donor-funded programs is strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing, managing, and leading monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Previous experience managing grants under contract is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to foster a cohesive and collaborative environment with donors, government stakeholders, private sector entities, and project staff.
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required.
- Experience in South or Southeast Asia is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.