Deadline: 23 May 2016
World Education (WE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Chimoio, Mozambique.
The Chief of Party will improve the quality of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) services by strengthening OVC service delivery systems and policy frameworks for coordination, planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
WE improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 22 countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and management excellence from partners.
- Serve as the lead technical advisor in strengthening human resources for improved OVC service delivery.
- Liaise closely with the Government of the Republic of Mozambique (GRM) and relevant ministries to promote harmonization and collaboration among ministries, the private sector and NGOs.
- Foster an enabling OVC policy and regulatory environment with national ministries.
- Work with and build the capacity of local NGOs providing services to OVC and their families/caregivers.
- Represent the project to USAID, GRM and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain ongoing communications with the home office.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or higher in at least one of the relevant subject areas, including Social Work, Public Health, International Development, or Community Development.
- 3 years of experience in social welfare and/or HIV/AIDS systems strengthening.
- 10 years of senior-level management on designing, implementing, and managing large complex care and support projects in developing countries.
- Minimum 8 years experience living or working in a developing country.
- Effective English oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact professionally in both English and Portuguese is required.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure gender integration in project design, implementation and M&E. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit his/her vision to partners and colleagues.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter in English through online process.
For more information, please visit WE.