Deadline : 29 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Coordinator in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Support Child Protection in Emergencies Cluster coordination mechanisms promoting and facilitating active participation from key actors, including, with relevant, government.
- Provide leadership and support to the national child protection in emergencies coordination structures within the Humanitarian Cluster Approach.
- Provide technical support cluster chair in collaboration with GBV and PSS working groups to meet comprehensive GBV related needs for children.
- Needs assessment, analysis and strategy development
- Support the government to ensure the Child Protection Cluster and its partners and technical working groups develop / agree on technical standards, strategies and actions plans in line with Child Protection in emergencies minimum standards.
- Facilitate Child Protection humanitarian action responses and build on local capacities
- Support effective and coherent Child Protection in emergencies assessments and analysis involving all relevant partners, including the identification of gaps and implementation of sectoral responses through collective delivery and ensuring complementarity of relevant partner’s actions.
- Monitoring and reporting:
- Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review results of Child Protection interventions and progress in consideration of strategies and action plans; including an analytical interpretation of result-based information.
- Ensure adequate Child Protection in emergencies outcome reporting and effective information sharing with the government and partners to demonstrate addressing the bottlenecks.
- Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review progress outcomes of CP interventions against strategy and action plans
- Intersectoral coordination and advocacy:
- Ensure effective links with other clusters coordination platforms and represent interests of the CP Cluster in discussions with the Government of Bangladesh, HCTT
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and GBV related areas is required.
- Experience in CPiE is an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNICEF.