Deadline: 12 November 2016
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Ecuador.
The Child Protection Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the child protection programs/projects through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting technical program information while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures to support the development and formulation of the Child Protection Program within the Country Program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyze regional/national political, protection, social and economic development trends.
- Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate program development, design and preparation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for program preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Facilitate the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of child protection and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
- Report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders.
- Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Prepare inputs for program/donor reporting.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
- 1 year of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection.
- Additional years of experience in all those areas of expertise would be desirable and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.