Deadline: 30 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Pretoria, South Africa.
The Child Protection Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support to program development and planning.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.