Deadline: 16 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Specialist in Cairo, Egypt.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme/project development and planning
- Support preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the child protection programmes/projects and ensure that current and comprehensive data on child protection issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts on child rights and protection.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and collaborate with colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements for the assigned sector in child protection programmes.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government, other partners and donors on UNICEF procedures, policies and strategies to support delivery of child protection programme results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships to build capacity, exchange knowledge and expertise, and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results in child protection.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders, and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in managing system strengthening (including social welfare and justice) programmes is required.
- Experience in managing partnerships at national or subnational level is required.
- Excellent Arabic and English writing skills is required.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.